Safety Roller Barriers (SRBs) are a type of road safety barrier that uses rollers to absorb the impact of a vehicle collision.
This helps to prevent serious injuries or fatalities in the event of an accident.
SRBs are made up of a series of posts that are connected by rollers. The rollers are designed to rotate when a vehicle hits the barrier, which helps to dissipate the energy of the impact. This prevents the vehicle from flipping over or being ejected from the road.
SRBs are a valuable safety feature for highway roads. They can help to prevent head-on collisions, cross-median crashes, and rollovers.
This can save lives and reduce the severity of injuries in the event of an accident. SRBs are also effective in reducing noise pollution and improving driver visibility.
Safety Roller Barriers Features
SRBs have a number of features that make them an effective safety barrier:
● Highly visible: SRBs are brightly colored and have reflective strips, which
helps to make them more visible to drivers at night and in poor weather
● Durable: SRBs are made from high-quality materials that can withstand the
harsh conditions of the highway environment.
● Easy to install: SRBs are easy to install and can be installed in a variety of
locations, including medians, curves, and ramps.
● Cost-effective: SRBs are a cost-effective way to improve highway safety.
Benefits of SRBs for drivers
SRBs offer a number of benefits for drivers, including:
- Reduced risk of accidents: SRBs can help to reduce the risk of accidents byproviding a physical barrier between oncoming traffic. This can help toprevent head-on collisions, cross-median crashes, and rollovers.
- Improved safety: SRBs can help to improve safety by preventing vehiclesfrom leaving the road. This can help to prevent drivers from crashing intotrees, buildings, or other obstacles.
- Reduced injuries: SRBs can help to reduce injuries by absorbing the impactof a collision. This can help to prevent drivers and passengers from being ejected from the vehicle or suffering serious injuries.